WOW101 WOWSound Steam Locomotive Decoder
The WOW101 is a universal decoder for locomotives with DCC-ready 9-pin plugs, or locomotives which cannot accommodate a motherboard or WOWKit. This decoder may be hard-wired or plugged directly into any locomotive with a 9-pin JST plug. The WOW101 is compatible with any T-Series harness, and also includes an auxiliary harness for attaching your speaker, CAM, Keep Alive®, and for the additional lighting functions (F3 and F4).
This version can be hardwired or it can be used with any 9-Pin JST harnesses, it does not come with Keep-Alive™ . This decoder has 6x lighting functions., and does not include onboard resistors for LED's. This decoder has 6x lighting functions.
- Includes Light, Medium, and Heavy Steam Locomotive Sounds!
- True CD Quality Sound! No one else even comes close.
- 44,100 Samples Per Second at 16 bit resolution.
- Dynamic Chuff for naturally realistic chuff sounds.
- Keep-Alive™ sold seperately.
- CD-Quality Sound: TCS' world-renowned CD-quality sound. 16 Bits of resolution at 44.1kHz sample rate.
- Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
- Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for "buzz" free motor performance.
- DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
- Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
- Incandescent Bulb Support: This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.
- Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
- Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
- Dimmable Brightness: Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED's or incandescent bulbs.
- Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
- Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
- CAM: Use a positive voltage trigger to synchronize your chuff rate to your drivers' rotation.
- Audio Assist®: TCS exclusive auditory feedback programming system. Program your decoder without the need to memorize CV's!
- User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.
- Throttle Modes: Choose from multiple throttle modes to meet your operating needs.
- True Scale Sound: A unique WOWSound feature which uses TCS’ exclusive auto-adjusting BEMF technology to automatically change the intensity of the chuff. Prototype Mode also offers dynamic sound volumes which accurately model the real-life equivalent. Also includes pre-programmed acceleration and deceleration values.
- Interface Type Hard-Wire Direct-Plug (9-Pin JST)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1.35” x .66” x 0.22” or 34.29mm x 16.72mm x 5.59mm
- Scale: HO Scale
- Continuous/Peak: 1.3/2.0 Amp
- Total Functions: 6
- Function Rating: 100 mA
- 12V Outputs 6
- Speaker Selection
- This decoder is optimized for 8 Ω speakers (not included).
- This decoder uses and audio amplifier capable of supplying up to 2 Watts of power. A 1 Watt minimum power rating is recommended for use with this decoder. If you are using a speaker with less than 1 Watt power rating, you must reduce your volume to prevent speaker failure or amplifier stress.
- Speaker enclosures greatly increase speaker performance in most cases.
Made In: United States
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > model train control > DCC Decoders
Dimensions (L x W x H):
1.35” x .66” x 0.22” or 34.29mm x 16.72mm x 5.59mm