The turntable and the roundhouse are iconic railway structures, and at long last they are coming to the N Gauge Kato UNITRACK system! Featuring a modular design that allows the easy addition and movement of up to 36 tracks, a sophisticated dual-motor driven indexing system that guarantees proper alignment, and an easy to use Turntable power system that takes full advantage of the power routing functions of Kato UNITRACK so that you can move and park locomotives onto parking tracks or in a roundhouse with minimal additional wiring, the Kato N Gauge Modular Turntable is perfect for modelers looking to add something special to both their tabletop and their scenic layouts!
The Kato N Gauge Unitrack Turntable uses special fitted 10° track sections which can serve as powered parking tracks or can be substituted with dead end pieces. It's a "snap" to swap around and add additional tracks!
While the turntable is necessarily elevated because of the need for internal motors and other below-track equipment, thanks to clever engineering it is a mere 12mm (just under half an inch) from the base of the turntable to the top of the rails. By using the flexibility of Kato Unijoiners it is possible to connect the Turntable to a tabletop layout without the need to sink the turntable into foam.
Swapping or adding tracks is as easy as removing a screw - the modular design of the Unitrack Turntable is specifically tailored to allow modelers to easily change their Turntable layout without the need for any additional wiring or soldering - simply pop the screw cover off, unscrew the single screw holding the plate in place, and either exchange it for a blank section or one with tracks. The Turntable's indexing and power routing design will take care of the rest!
- The Central rotary bridge is 6.3" (160mm) in length, able to support most standard length locomotives up to and including the N scale SD90/43MAC
- A complete 360° rotation takes approximately 60 seconds.
- The Turntable will index in 10° sections, smoothly and quickly aligning with connected tracks automatically.
- The Turntable bridge itself acts as a rotating track feeder, allowing the turntable to operate simply as a power routing system without any complex wiring or insulating blocks.
- The Turntable is fully compatible with DCC systems, routing power from either your analog or DCC power pack through the included 36" ribbon cable and Turntable Controller.
- Set Contents:
- 1 turntable
- 1 turntable controller
- 1 power supply
- 4 fitted connecting straight track
- 1 turntable center brace
- 6 bumper track bed
- 12 bumper track rails
- 6 half unijoiner
- 2 insulated unijoiner
- 6 insulated half unijoiner
- 1 unijoiner removal tool
- 1 controller ribbon cable
- 1 JUMP cable
Made In: Japan
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Track
some assembly required