Southern Pacific overland gray 60' RPO #4108
- Overland Gray Scheme
- Car #4108
- Knuckle Couplers
- Complete Interior
- Factory Installed grabirons
- Metal Wheels
- The Railway Post Office during its peak was featured on over 9,000 railroad routes throughout North America delivering mail at a more efficient rate than ever seen before. Post Office employees sorted mail as they travelled.
- These Rivarossi RPOs also feature the iconic catching arm that was used in smaller towns for mail in canvas or leather bags to be delivered on board without the train ever stopping. The RPO and Combine have upgraded tooling and this is the first run in over 15 years.
- Expanding from Louisiana with service through Texas and California, Southern Pacific provided luxurious service on their Pullman passenger trains. Pullman was one of the most notorious names when it came to the railroad during the boom of train travel, producing a wide range of 60ft coaches for the various needs of the railroads.
- These HO scale cars can run on a radius as small as 18in allowing them to run on compact layouts. All have updated tooling and feature knuckle couplers and factory installed grab irons. The high detailed coaches have metal wheels for lighting* the completed interiors.
*Lighting Kits not available through Rivarossi.
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > railway post office
1. This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is limited to the quantity on hand.