Kansas City Southern Iron Horse Train Set
- See-through cab windows
- Factory installed Celcon handrails
- 5-pole motor with precision-machined flywheels and multi-link drive train for trouble free operation
- DCC Ready 8 and 9 pin plugs
- Illuminated front and rear headlights
- Nickel plated, blackened machined wheels Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all brands of track
- Replacement parts available including motor brushes
FREIGHT CARS FEATURES:
- Weighted for optimum performance
- 50' Boxcar includes operational sliding door
- 50' Gondola includes removable container load
- Machined RP25 profile 33" solid nickel silver metal wheels
TRAIN SET FEATURES:
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box Painted and printed for realistic decoration Highly detailed, injection molded body McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers Athearn TrainPak power supply Three freight cars with a matching caboose EMD GP38-2 or GP50 locomotive 36" x 45" oval of Bachmann E-Z Track with gray roadbed.
Top 10 reasons to start and stay with Athearn trains:
- 10. Hobby quality At Athearn, we design our sets to be the basis for a lifelong hobby and only include the best components. This means our train set will last for years to come and not end-up in a closet to be forgotten after a few hours of use.
- 9. Full featured power pack Our Trainpak power pack includes accessory terminals to power accessories like remote controlled switches, street lights and building lights. The TrainPak also has an on/off switch so it does not have to be unplugged to turn off the power.
- 8. Greater pulling power A locomotive should pull long trains. With our large motor, all-wheel gear drive and heavy die-cast frame, our locomotive will pull at least 15 freight cars on level track.
- 7. Smooth performer Over time, rails require cleaning. Dirty track can cause intermittent electrical contact which means the locomotive may run erratically. To overcome this effect, our locomotives include dual flywheels to keep the motor and wheels spinning. Also, all eight wheels pick-up electricity to ensure optimum current flow.
- 6. Easy set-up Simple printed instructions are included in the box for quick and easy set-up.
- 5. Bachmann® Nickel-Silver E-Z® Track Bachmann is the worldwide leader of roadbed-style track. This unique track system can be set-up virtually anywhere including carpet, tile, table, etc. The 45" x 36" oval can be expanded with readily available switches, crossings, straight, curves and more. Finally, Nickel-Silver rail conducts electricity better than steel and requires less cleaning.
- 4. "Iron Horse" train set now DCC Ready Digital Command Control (DCC) allows multiple trains to operate in any direction, at any speed, on the same track. When you're ready to expand your layout with a DCC control system, just plug-in an 8 or 9-pin DCC decoder and your "Iron Horse" locomotive is ready to go.
- 3. Ready To Roll locomotive and freight cars We use "off-the-shelf" locomotives and freight cars from our Ready To Roll line. This means they are fully assembled and ready to run out of the box. Instead of being molded in color, all of our models are painted and printed for the most realistic decoration. In addition, our freight cars include metal wheels which roll better than plastic wheels.
- 2. Everything in one box The train, power pack, track, hook-up wire, and instructions are all included in the box. The box also doubles as a convenient storage container and includes a carry handle.
- 1. Up to $107 in savings If purchased separately the total value of the Warbonnet Set is $275 and the Iron Horse Set is $297. Buying everything together saves $85 and $107 respectively. PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO: The EMD GP series locomotives became some of the most successful designs of the age. Produced from 1970s to mid 1980s the GP38-2 and GP50 were quickly found in many different tasks of the railroad. From switching to pulling high priority freight trains across country, these versatile locomotives brought the goods to North America. Many of these locomotives are now being rebuilt with ecologically sound emission control for higher population centers. A new era emerges as technology meets proven reliability for these EMD products. Athearn brings these representative locomotives alongside regular freight trains that were commonplace. Sharing the new golden age of railroading! Specifications DCC: Ready SOUND: No Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years Experience Level: Beginner Recommended Environment: Indoor
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Train Set
Kansas City Southern
some assembly required