Southern Pacific's San Francisco Peninsula Route Volume 5
- SP's S.F. Peninsula Route Circa 1954
- History of the SF & SJ RR
- Mission Bay & Bayshore Yards
- The "Commute Parade" at Townsend
- Santa Cruz Branch/Suntan Specials
- San Jose Yard & Lenzen Roundhouse
- Los Gatos Branch, "Big Game" Trains
- Special Bonus: Market Street Railway "40 Line"
- As steam locomotives were replaced by diesels on the SP, they were shunted to the S.F. Peninsula to work out their last days in commute service. Part of this program documents a typical afternoon rush hour as everything from twenty-four hundred class Pacifics to forty-four hundred-class Mountain types thunder out of San Francisco at three-minute intervals. The finale of the halcyon days of one hundred years of steel, water and fire are played out in front of our eyes, as though there is no end in sight. Yet within two years steam will be dead for all time on the SP.
- Included in this program is footage of the Los Gatos and Santa Cruz Branches, as well as action at San Jose's Lenzen Roundhouse, Bayshore, and Mission Bay yards. Market Street Railway Interurban 40-Line is a special bonus!
- This remarkable collection of Catenary Video's rare action scenes eloquently conveys the excitement of railroading in western America a half century ago; a fitting epitaph for a bygone era!
Made In: United States
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Video > DVD
Length in Minutes: