CITX MP15DC #1524 with Decoder Equipped
- The 1500hp MP15DC was designed by EMD as a replacement model for the successful SW1500 switcher. The longer frame of the MP15DC allowed for increased fuel capacity and the use of Blomberg road trucks; increased sand capacity was also offered as an option. The first MP15DCs were built for Missouri Pacific in February 1974 and a total of 351 units were produced through the end of production in January 1983.
- The MP15DC is a versatile locomotive that is employed by both large and small railroads across North America in road freight and yard switching duties. It was also purchased by several non-railroad corporations for use in plant switching service.
- Atlas’ model includes the three different styles of long hood that were common to the MP15DC throughout production: standard hood, hood with square air filter box and hood with angled air filter box (the air filter box is located in the area immediately ahead of the cab). In addition, various styles of hood and cab-end sand boxes are being offered.
- Separately-applied roof detail
- Painted safety rails
- Dual flywheels
- Directional lighting
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Factory-installed AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
- Many different railroad-specific details
- Separately-applied coupler cut levers
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > EMD (Electro-Motive Division) > MP15
Found In Catalog: