We require a minimum order of $20 worth of merchandise.
We try to ship most orders on the same day that we receive them. Orders received
before noon have the best chance of being shipped on the same day. Orders packed
on Saturday or late Friday will be shipped the following Tuesday.
All orders require the following information: Name, Full Street Address, City,
State and Zip Code and a Phone Number where we can contact you if necessary.
If you are having your order shipped to your place of work we also need the
name of the business.
If you give us your e-mail address when you place your order we can have UPS
e-mail complete tracking information for your order. There is no extra charge
for this service.
All information given us is treated as confidential. We do not sell our mailing
list to anyone else. We will not call you on the phone unless we have a legitimate
need to do so. We will not send you any junk faxes or e-mail. We shred old credit
About three times a year we send out a sale flyer to everyone on our O gauge customer list. You will automatically be added to this customer list if you order any O gauge item from us. Each January we automatically purge everyone from our customer list who has not bought anything from us in the last two years. We do not normally add people to our mailing list who have not bought anything from us though we will mail out our printed catalog of O gauge if you request one.
Please be absolutely sure of your purchase before you place your order.
All returns, including cancelled layaways, are subject to a restocking fee. Items that have been run may not be returned. All sales of sale priced items are final and non-refundable!
Damaged merchandise must be handled according to the manufacturer’s warranty. Items damaged in transit should immediately be reported to your local UPS office and all shipping materials retained.
You must contact us before returning merchandise to obtain a return authorization number, which must be written on the package on or near the label, as all unauthorized returns will be refused. All returns should include a photocopy of the invoice. Returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee and shipping charges are not refundable. Items that have been run may not be returned. Our aim is to produce satisfied customers. If something is wrong with your order we will do our best to correct it. However, we refuse to cater to those people who order things to test out with the intention of returning items they don’t like.
Prices are firm and not negotiable.
We accept checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard and American Express as payment for merchandise. We do not ship C.O.D.
Our business hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm (Pacific
Coast Time). We are open on Mondays only during the month of December before
Christmas. We are never open on Sundays.
We normally send packages by UPS ground. We can also send by UPS three day,
two day or next day if you are willing to pay the extra money for the faster
service. Packages to Alaska, Hawaii and foreign countries are usually sent by
air mail. Other shipping arrangements can probably be made if needed. All packages
are fully insured.
Shipping charges & transit time depend on where you live and the method of shipment. UPS ground to Southern California or Washington State normally takes two or three days to arrive. UPS ground to the East Cost typically takes seven to ten days to arrive. Orders sent via the postal service may take extra time since we have to find time to take the packages to the post office. Please allow sufficient time for your order to arrive before you call us to ask where it is. Credit card orders should allow about two weeks since your order may not have shipped on the same day that it was placed. If you sent a check, add a few days to allow for delivery of your check to us by the postal service. Also, if you sent a personal or company check your order would have been held for one week before being shipped.
You may place items on layaway. Layaways require a minimum purchase of $100 and a non-refundable 25% deposit with equal 25% payments due every 30 days. Layaways not paid for within 90 days are subject to forfeiture (you will be notified if that is about to happen). Cancelled layaways are subject to a restocking fee. Special arrangements may be made for extended layaways but regular payments will be required. If you wish to start a layaway please let us know when you place your order. You are responsible for making your monthly layaway payments on time since we do not send you a notice when payments are due. However, if you are using a credit card to pay for the layaway you may specify a day of the month for us to automatically charge your card for the next layaway payment. If you wish to use this automatic payment option for your layaway please let us know when you first begin the layaway.
If you do not wish to place your order online for some reason you may click here to download our order form in Adobe PDF format for mail or fax orders. You need Acrobat Reader in order to read this file. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader installed you may download it for free from Adobe. You may then fax your order to 530-673-5590 (this can be done at any time of day or night) or mail it to us at The Western Depot, 1650 Sierra Avenue Suite 203, Yuba City CA 95993-8986. You may also place an order by phone at 530-673-6776 during our regular business hours of Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 am - 5:30 pm Pacific Coast Time.
When you place your order you will be expected to give the following information:
- Your name
- the billing address (where you receive your credit card bills if you are paying by credit card)
- the shipping address if it is different than the billing address (NOTE: first time credit card orders must be shipped to the billing address and PayPal orders must ship to a PayPal confirmed shipping address)
- a phone number where we can reach you if there is a problem with your order
- the list of items you are ordering
- optionally you may give us a fax number
- optionally you may give us an e-mail address
- If you’ve bought from us within the past two years and know your account number, please give us that as well.
- Total merchandise must be at least $20. Smaller orders cost us too much to process.
The following notes apply to all credit card orders:
- We automatically add exact shipping to all credit card orders.
- 7.25% sales tax will be added if the order is being shipped to the state of California.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Make sure you give us all of the digits of the credit card number.
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover card numbers always have 16 digits.
- American Express card numbers always have 15 digits.
- Make sure you give us the correct expiration date for the credit card. Some credit card providers will decline sales if the expiration date used is not correct.
- For your safety and ours we perform a security check on the credit card of every customer by verifying that the billing address you give us matches the billing address on file with your credit card company. To do so we need the billing address for the credit card that you use if it is different from the address the order is being shipped to.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to an increase in credit card fraud ALL FIRST TIME credit card orders MUST be shipped to the billing address for the credit card.
The following notes apply to all check orders:
- We highly recommend that you contact us before mailing an order to be sure that we have the merchandise you want to order in stock.
- If you placed the order on our web site and indicated that you were sending a check or money order please wait until you receive a confirmation email from us indicating that your order status has changed to “Holding for Payment” with the total amount for which to make the check payable. On rare occasions we find that something we listed on our web site cannot be found anywhere in our store or warehouse (indicating that someone forgot to tell the computer that it was sold) and we prefer not to have to write refund checks for out of stock items that people ordered. The comment for your online order status will mention if any items happened to be out of stock. Also our web site doesn’t know how to figure the correct shipping for orders paid with checks or money orders.
- Make your check or money order payable to The Western Depot.
- Make sure your check is properly filled in (dated, signed, etc.) so we don’t have to waste time returning it to you for corrections.
- Always include a piece of paper separate from the check detailing what the check is for and where we are to send the order. If you have called us before sending the check please don’t expect us to remember why you are sending the check. The person you talked to may not have written anything down or may not be here on the day your check arrives.
- 7.25% sales tax must be added (based on merchandise only, not shipping) if the order will be shipped to the state of California. We cannot ship orders requiring sales tax until the tax is paid.
- Shipping charges are as follows for checks/money orders ONLY:
- If shipping will be within the contiguous United States and the total merchandise is less than $400 then add $15 for shipping.
- If shipping will be via UPS ground within the contiguous United States and the total merchandise is over $400 then we will pay the shipping. Track is excluded from free shipping.
- If the order is to be shipped outside of the contiguous United States or is to be shipped via the postal service then you will need to contact us in order for us to determine the shipping charges for you.
- Remember that orders paid with personal and company checks will be held for one week after the check has been deposited before we ship your order.
- The envelope you mail your check in normally gets tossed right away so don’t expect us to get your address from it.