Norfolk Southern SD60E Locomotive #6988 with ESU
- In the late 2000’s, Norfolk Southern looked for ways to increase the life of their SD60 fleet. One factor NS had for them was their venerable Juniata Locomotive Shop in Altoona, Pa, which has the ability and a proven history of rebuilding just about any type of locomotive. Enter the “SD60E”, which would take SD60 cores (The first 240 planned would be from standard cab SD60’s, which was a mixture of NS and former lease locomotives) and add a new cab designed by NS, which was called a “Crescent Cab”. The locomotive received upgrades to the motor, fuel tank (On earlier rebuilds), and microprocessor controls to name a few. The first SD60E rolled out in 2010 as number 6900, which was rebuilt from NS 6653. Soon, more would follow and the current totals are at 136 rebuilt so far (NS 6900-7035). More rebuilds are planned into 2019 and eventually their SD60M and SD60I fleet will be rebuilt. What makes the SD60E even more unique from their browed cabs, is that three locomotives wear commemorative schemes honoring, Veterans, First Responders, and the “GORAIL” project. Atlas’ representation captures every detail, right down to the PTC Antenna Array on top of the cab roof.
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale SpeedTM motor
- AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
- Golden-White LEDs
- Operating front and rear ditch lights
- K5Lar24 horn part
- PTC Antenna Array
- Measured from actual SD60E
- Admiral cab
DCC OPERATION FEATURES (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
SOUND FUNCTIONALITY FEATURES (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Equipped with ESU’s Exclusive “Full Throttle” features for ultimate realism in prototype running.
- AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > EMD (Electro-Motive Division) > SD60E
Found In Catalog: