Great Northern 50' Stock Car #156002
- Prototype Information:
- Transportation of livestock “on the hoof” from ranches to centralized processing centers was an important part of railroading from the 1800s through the 1960s, and many different freight car designs were employed. While cattle and large animals required the full open space of a standard boxcar, smaller animals such as sheep and hogs could effectively be transported in multi-deck cars, doubling (or tripling) the capacity per car while keeping the dimensions the same.
- While removable decks were available to fit in a standard 40 foot cattle car, purpose-built multi-deck cars of 50 feet or more were designed for high volume suppliers, especially in the pork industry. The Atlas Trainman 50’ Stock car incorporates many of the design elements of these double-deck cars that found use not only with major carriers, but which also found a home amongst the independent traveling circus trains of the 50s-70s.
Trainman Model Features:
- Colorful Painting and Printing
- Equipped with AccuMate® operating knuckle couplers
- AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Freight Car > livestock car