Union Pacific Heritage Series 85' ACF Baggage Car Council Bluffs "US Flag" #5769 (Standard)
- A key part of Union Pacific's public relations programs, 48 historic passenger cars, three restored steam locomotives and an A-B-A set of E9 diesels make up the famed Heritage Fleet. Many were originally purchased for the City Streamliners, and have been carefully restored and updated to full operating condition. Today, the cars and E9s are finished in a modern Armour Yellow scheme, and the cars carry names of important cities, famous trains and key people in the railroad's long history. In service, these rolling goodwill ambassadors travel system-wide and beyond, to attend a wide range of public and special events every year.
- Perfect for fan trip and excursion service
- Modern-Era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-Printed Car Names and UPP reporting marks
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
- Built by St. Louis Car in 1962 as a postal storage car, number 5769 was reassigned to a proposed but short-lived express service in 1969, and transfered to the maintenance fleet in 1970. In 2000, the car was selected for special service and renamed "Council Bluffs," after the Iowa community where mile post 0 was located, and rebuilt as a baggage-recreation car. In late July of that same year, the name was removed, and full-color US flag graphics applied.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > baggage car