UP Heritage Series 85' ACF Dome-Lounge Walter Dean #9005 (Lighted)
- A key part of Union Pacific's public relations programs, 48 historic passenger cars, three restored steam locomotives and an A-B-A set of E9 diesels make up the famed Heritage Fleet. Many were originally purchased for the City Streamliners, and have been carefully restored and updated to full operating condition. Today, the cars and E9s are finished in a modern Armour Yellow scheme, and the cars carry names of important cities, famous trains and key people in the railroad's long history. In service, these rolling goodwill ambassadors travel system-wide and beyond, to attend a wide range of public and special events every year.
- Perfect for fan trip and excursion service
- Modern-Era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-Printed Car Names and UPP reporting marks
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
- Delivered as part of the 1955 upgrade to Domeliners, UP #9005 remained on the roster until 1971. After serving on the Auto Train from 1972 to 1981, the car went through several private owners before returning home in late 1989. In 1990, it was renamed in honor of Walter Dean, who served as an attendant on UP's business car fleet from 1971 until his death in 1999.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > vista dome > vista dome: standard