Union Pacific Heritage Series 85' ACF Dome-Coach #7015 Challenger (Standard)
- A key part of Union Pacific's public relations programs, 48 historic passenger cars, three restored steam locomotives and an A-B-A set of E9 diesels make up the famed Heritage Fleet. Many were originally purchased for the City Streamliners, and have been carefully restored and updated to full operating condition. Today, the cars and E9s are finished in a modern Armour Yellow scheme, and the cars carry names of important cities, famous trains and key people in the railroad's long history. In service, these rolling goodwill ambassadors travel system-wide and beyond, to attend a wide range of public and special events every year.
- Perfect for fan trip and excursion service
- Modern-Era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-Printed Car Names and UPP reporting marks
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
- Built as Dome Chair #7015 in December 1958, and initially assigned to the City of St. Louis, the car was formally retired in June of 1972, and passed through a succession of owners until returning to home rails in the fall of 1990. Named in honor of The Challenger, which ran between Omaha and Los Angeles, from May 1936 to April 1971.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > vista dome > vista dome: standard