Undecorated Alco RS-1 DC Analog Version
The RS-1 was introduced by ALCO in March of 1941 with the delivery of the first of two units to the Rock Island. Combining the accessibility of a switching locomotive and the higher-speed tracking of a road unit, the RS-1 started a revolution in locomotive design that was soon embraced by all of the major diesel-electric builders. Despite ALCO's own introduction of higher horsepower roadswitchers, the 1,000 h.p. RS-1 had a production span of 19 years (1941-1960) with 623 units.
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Powered low friction drive
- Blackened metal wheels, dual brass flywheels
- Directional lighting
- Golden-White LEDs
- AccuMate® knuckle couplers.
- Please note that the N scale RS-1 will not have DCC ready frames.
- AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > Alco (American Locomotive Company) > RS-1
Found In Catalog: