UP Heritage Series 85' ACF 44-Seat Coach City Of Salina #5486 (Standard)
- A key part of Union Pacific's public relations programs, 48 historic passenger cars, three restored steam locomotives and an A-B-A set of E9 diesels make up the famed Heritage Fleet. Many were originally purchased for the City Streamliners, and have been carefully restored and updated to full operating condition. Today, the cars and E9s are finished in a modern Armour Yellow scheme, and the cars carry names of important cities, famous trains and key people in the railroad's long history. In service, these rolling goodwill ambassadors travel system-wide and beyond, to attend a wide range of public and special events every year.
- Perfect for fan trip and excursion service
- Modern-Era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-Printed Car Names and UPP reporting marks
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Correct 36" turned metal RP-25 wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
- One of five new 44-seat coaches delivered from American Car & Foundry in 1954, car #5486 was refurbished and renamed "City of Salina" in 1992, honoring UP's three-car Pullman-Standard train set that made "streamliner" a household word, which ran between Topeka and Salina, Kansas, as the "City of Salina" from 1936 to 1941.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > coach