US Army Transportation Corps Whitcomb 65 ton diesel #7989 with sound
- NMRA-compliant PIKO SmartSound Decoder 5.1 provides DCC and sound
- Diecast chassis and hood
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running.
- Numerous factory-applied details
- European-style hook couplers. (Can modify with our snap-in #56043 knuckle coupler)
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 14” / 358mm
- (Only Engine noise sounds are possible in standard Analog/DC mode.) The PIKO 5.1 SmartDecoder also allows for light programming of head/tail lights.
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > Whitcomb
Found In Catalog: